Annual Roots Conference – October 13, 2018
It’s all about family
FamilySearch is a nonprofit family history organization dedicated to connecting families across generations. FamilySearch believes that families bring joy and meaning to life. Our Vision Learning about our ancestors helps us better understand who we are—creating a family bond, linking the present to the past, and building a bridge to the future. Our vision is carried out by a dedicated team of employees and volunteers who work tirelessly to preserve and share the largest collection of genealogical and historical records in the world. We strive to create and link the best and most valuable research resources to help people discover who they are by exploring where they come from.
For over 100 years, FamilySearch and its predecessors have been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide. FamilySearch—A World Leader FamilySearch is the largest genealogy organization in the world. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services each year to learn more about their family history. The Family History Center has many volunteer to assist you while using the FamilySearch website.
For up to date information on upcoming events, for family history
Family History Center Discovery Experience
The Surrey, BC Family History Center has been chosen as one of 26 family history centers worldwide to be part of a pilot project. It represents an enlarged vision of the role of family history centers. We will still remain a research center but additional activities and changes to the environment will help us meet the following expanded goals of reaching out to families and youth:
- Centers offer families, including youth, experiences that turn their hearts to their ancestors.
- Centers help youth and families to recognize that we all belong and we all have a valuable story worth sharing and preserving.
- Centers provide one-on-one assistance, training, and research expertise, and convenient access to family history resources
- Centers inspire and help members and community patrons engage in family history activities, including sharing and preserving family stories and photos, indexing, and research centers help members prepare to submit ancestors names to the temple
There are many interesting things that you can do with your family at the FHC, such as:
- Choose one of our Exploration Bins and learn more about your family’s past in an interactive way. Ie. Toy exploration, Lego Temple Exploration, Photo Exploration or Migration Exploration
- Do activity sheets to help you learn more about family history
- Read stories of other people’s ancestors – then find stories about your role ancestors
- Use Google Earth to see where your ancestors came from
- Print a fan chart of your ancestors from Family Tree
- Scan photos of your ancestors and put them on Family Tree
- Work together in our new Family Area where all ages are welcome