How to Use the Family History Center
- Call: Surrey Family Search 604.597.9695 to find out hours of opening or to book a time when someone can help you.
- Bring: Pedigree information – names, dates, places. Photocopies of any birth, marriage & death certificates in your possession. Home sources are usually needed for the most recent 100 years of research.
- Check: Previous research you or others may have done.
- Set A Goal: Decide what you would like to accomplish in your research or come let a staff member help you do this.
- Tour: When you arrive take a short tour to see what resources are available at the centre.
- Begin Research: Start with FamilySearch – register, sign in and look at your tree.
Computer Research: Explore pay websites on the Premium Databases:
- England or Wales: check www.ancestry.com 1841-1901 census. Also, Find My Past, and World Vital Records.
- Scotland: Check the Scotland Census1841-1901 on FamilySearch or Ancestry. Check the births/baptisms 1564-1950, marriages 1561-1910 on Family Search.
- Wiki: Check the FamilySearch Wiki to see where records can be accessed.
- Check Family History Library Catalogue to ascertain what Microfilms &/or Microfiches are available to order from Salt Lake.